How Can I Get Deferred Action?

How Can I Get Deferred Action Safe Haven Blandon Law

If you enjoy my blogposts, please give me a like by clicking on the heart above. Thank you and happy reading. 

Blandon Law edits statements for foreign clients who want an American safe haven, a green card through asylum or Violence Against Women Act cases. But our writing expertise is valuable to other clients, too, like the Colombian father of a US citizen epileptic who just won his case for deferred action:

The average first responder time in Colombia is over 30 minutes. In Joseph’s case, a severe seizure that is not intervened within 5 minutes can be lethal. American medical care has meant the difference between life and death for my son, and I do not take that for granted.

What is Deferred Action?

Deferred action is a special permission given by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that allows certain people to stay in the United States temporarily and apply for a job. It doesn’t mean they are getting permanent legal status or citizenship, but it does mean the government has decided not to deport them for now. People with deferred action can apply for a work permit, letting them work legally in the U.S. This permission is temporary and must be renewed.

What Do I Need to Prove to Get Deferred Action?

There are specific rules about who can get deferred action, depending on the program. For example, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, started in 2012, helps people who came to the U.S. as children and meet certain requirements, like being in school and having no serious criminal record. Deferred action does not require a special program. It is given at the government’s choice, so it’s something every foreigner can apply for.

In addition to an excellently written statement that will lead the USCIS officer through all the evidence, an applicant should submit: proof of the relationship with the US citizen or legal permanent resident family member (known as a qualifying relative); documents demonstrating that the qualifying relative has a severe medical condition; and proof that the applicant has good moral character. Blandon Law attorneys have been preparing these cases for over 20 years.

If you or someone you know has a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident family member with a severe health condition, please call 954.385.0157 or click “For Future Clients” today to schedule an asylum consultation.

Disclaimer – These entries are based on real life events. Family member names, when used, are real. Client names are changed for privacy.

Follow us on Facebook

Share with your Community, Family and Friends

Recommended Posts